Business Studio is a modern modeling system designed specifically to describe the business architecture of an organization. It is used to solve such tasks as: modeling, optimization and regulation of business processes, QMS development, support of project activities for the implementation of information systems.
One of the key advantages of the system is the ability to create a comprehensive model of the organization's activities. Analysts have the opportunity to consider the work of the organization from different sides and take into account a large number of important factors due to the application of an integrated approach.
The system is universal and is used to business process modeling and management optimizing in almost all sectors of the economy, including the public sector. This solution is widely used in companies when developing, implementing and preparing for QMS certification in accordance with the requirements of ISO standards. It is used to create documentation, quality objectives, process descriptions, tools for conducting audits and dealing with inconsistencies, and much more.
Business Studio stands out significantly among CASE tools and business modeling systems by combining a wide range of functionality, user-friendly interface and high speed of mastering the program. The total cost of ownership is lower if compared to most systems of this class. The availability of methodological documentation and technical support line ensure the effective operation of Business Studio.
Business Studio Functionality
Business Studio is a tool that allows you to provide solutions to a large class of business design tasks. The functionality of the system makes it possible to present the relationship of material, financial and information flows in a convenient and visual form, identify “bottlenecks” and optimize low-efficiency processes, assess staff workload, create a knowledge base for employees on work technologies.
The modules of the system provide support for the entire cycle of designing and creating an effective management system: a formalized description of the expectations of owners and top managers, the development of a system and auxiliary business processes, a detailed description of the activities carried out (at strategic, tactical and operational levels), modeling of the need for resources and means of production, planning of information systems, etc.
The main functions of the Business Studio system include:
- goals setting. Support for the development of Balanced ScoreCard: goals, KPIs (key performance indicators), strategic maps, decomposition of goals;
- business processes designing. The system supports most modern business process modeling notations: IDEF0, Basic Flowchart, Cross Functional Flowchart, BPMN 2.0, EPC (Event Driven Process Chain);
- organizational structure designing. Creation of organizational charts is supported;
- simulation modeling and functional cost analysis. These functional capabilities are used to design the cost of business processes, evaluate their effectiveness, and diagnose problematic stages;
- development of technical specifications for the information systems implementation. This module allows you to create technical tasks for automation;
- formation of regulatory documentation. The delivery of the Business Studio system includes a set of reports for the formation of regulatory documentation (business process regulations, regulations on divisions, job descriptions, etc.). Reports are easily configured and modified by users without special programming knowledge;
- providing employees with a knowledge base. The system provides an opportunity to create a web portal of the company to provide employees with access to regulatory documentation. The capabilities of different users categories are regulated through flexible settings of access rights to documents;
- transfer of process diagrams for execution to BPM systems. Business Studio implements the export of process diagrams in XPDL format to BPM systems. Integration with the DIRECTUM electronic document management system (ECM system) is supported;
- monitoring of indicators and achievement of goals. A special "Cockpit" module allows you to enter indicators of achievement of goals, evaluate their dynamics, and conduct a plan-fact analysis;
- control of business processes based on data from IT systems. The “Process Controlling” module allows you to download data on the current state of processes from enterprise IT systems (BPM, CRM, ERP, etc.);
- failure modes and their consequences. The program uses proven Ishikawa diagrams and FMEA analysis methodology in order to identify the cause of nonconformance and effective work on corrective and preventive actions;
- analysis of employee proposals. This block is designed to provide feedback from employees regarding the formation of proposals for optimizing business processes, procedures, and documents.
A brief video review of the system's functionality can be viewed on the website of the developer of the GC "Modern Management Technologies".
Business Studio Advantages
The use of the Business Studio system ensures stability and predictability of business development, helps to eliminate a large number of errors in the organization's activities, ensure transparency of the business, and helps to increase its value.
The main advantages of the system include:
- ease of mastering by users. It significantly reduces the implementation time compared to many systems of this class;
- comprehensive use of the most popular modern management techniques and technologies in the tool (SSP, simulation modeling, functional and cost analysis, QMS support);
- automatic generation of regulatory documents;
- availability of convenient tools for publishing and collaboration with modeling results;
- the ability to create a unified management system due to close integration with the DIRECTUM ECM system, as well as support for the XPDL standard for exporting process diagrams to BPM systems;
- the presence of a built-in module for generating reports using MS Word formatting capabilities (reports can be flexibly configured by users themselves and do not require programming);
- the presence of a special module "MetaEdit", which allows you to create your own additional parameters and directories;
- the opportunity to master the functionality of the system, to carry out business process modeling, to describe and regulate the company's activities using the free demo version of the Business Studio system (has no time limit for use).